The E-Rail Solution
A practical, step-by-step approach
The E-Rail Process - "Land Uplift Capture" (LUC™) is applied in 2 stages and 3 steps
Stage 1 has two steps
Step 1 provides the client with an assessment of the potential capital contribution that land uplift will secure, enabling the transport sponsor to determine its significance in relation to the project's overall cost.
What we deliver to the project:
- An initial estimate of landowner and developer cash contribution which E-Rail LUC™ will raise for the project.
- An outline of E-Rail LUC™ showing how the transport sponsor can deploy this cash either exclusively or in combination with the conventional means by which public bodies secure developer funds towards public projects.
- A process "map" for the transport sponsor setting out how to secure the identified funding.
Step 2 furnishes the client with a fully detailed, on-the-ground survey of the route/s and a thorough assessment of the E-Rail LUC™ to be secured for the project.
What we deliver:
- A detailed assessment of the land value uplift which each relevant site along the transport route will experience if the transport service is commissioned.
- A determination of the proportion of the uplift which can be secured from each site towards the project.
- The estimated timescale for completing the negotiation programme and when funds may be expected to be received.
- Full details of the E-Rail LUC™ process by which the transport sponsor can secure these funds through Contribution Agreements (CAs) and disburse them to the project.
- We can introduce intelligent debt alongside our equity to enable whole projects to be financed without government subsidy subject always to the right circumstances.
- EU legal counsel's formal opinion on E-Rail LUC™'s suitability for use by public bodies.
- Guidance on tax issues.
>> The Solution - Stage 2